SiteSpinner: Support    SiteSpinner Community Forums and FAQs    SiteSpinner: Community Forums and FAQs  Hop To Forum Categories  Miscellaneous    How do I open/import an existing HTML page?

Moderators: Derry, Harpo
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How do I open/import an existing HTML page?
 Login/Join

VM Staff
Picture of Derry
posted
How do I open/import an existing HTML page?

Existing webpages created with other products cannot be imported directly. However, what you can do is drag-and-drop the content of a webpage directly into the SiteSpinner or SiteSpinner Pro work-window. Do this:

Open the webpage in your webbrowser.
Select the text you want and either drag it directly, or copy/paste it into the SiteSpinner or SiteSpinner Pro work-window.

For images, use copy/paste to place them into the work-window. If the image has a link associated with it, you can 'drag' the link from the image and place it over the image in the work-window.

Of course you don't need to create all your pages at once. You may want to leave most pages as they are and only bring pages in as they need updating.

If you want to import straight HTML, you can do that as a Code Object for code that needs to go in the 'body' of the document. For code that needs to go in the 'head' of the document, use the Page Editor > Header tab. Code can also be added to a link using the Code field in the Link Editors

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Derry,

- Derry

Posts: 4374 | Location: Toronto, Canada | Registered: January 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post